Let us tell you about CrossFit 4504!
With constantly varied movements and activities, CrossFit isn’t just another boring gym fad - it’s a way of life. CrossFit produces awesome results by effectively combining Power Lifting, Olympic Lifting, Gymnastics, Running, Rowing and other functional fitness movements. CrossFit has identified 10 general physical skills:
There are ten recognized general physical skills, and they are all practiced regularly with CrossFit. You are as fit as your competency in each of these ten skills.
- Cardiovascular / respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
When it comes to CrossFit, your shape, size and age don’t matter; how fit (or unfit) you are is irrelevant; and your current skills and abilities are totally unimportant. CrossFit 4504 will challenge you - regardless of your background - to improve your overall fitness, in a fun and supportive environment.
Our training sessions are carefully designed to help you reach your health and fitness goals. If you’ve never lifted weights, that’s cool - our programs are completely scaleable, allowing anyone to participate. At CrossFit 4504 we focus on learning and applying the proper technique for all movements - we never sacrifice good form ‘just to get it done’.
We’ve always got your back! You’ll never feel like you’re alone in CrossFit - the community of supportive members at CrossFit 4504 will always be there to encourage you and cheer you on. Your reward for committing to CrossFit is achieving an all around level of cardio fitness, strength and stamina.
Fitness in 100 Words
In 2002, Greg Glassman summarized world class fitness in 100 words in a CrossFit Journal article.
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.